Jordan Wolfson’s (Female figure), 2014, is an immersive environment that features a robotic sculpture. Equipped with facial recognition software, the robot dances and “looks at” the viewer. This artwork confronts assumptions about gender, sexuality, and even our status as human subjects.
This artwork has extremely limited capacity and is not suitable for children. Parents should use discretion. (Female figure) is not recommended for individuals with claustrophobia and/or sensitivity to loud sounds.
How to Reserve Advance Tickets
- (Female figure) is on view Thursday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to closing (8 p.m.), and on Sunday from 10:15 a.m. to closing (6 p.m.), October 11, 2018, through January 20, 2019, with a break from November 29 through December 2 for scheduled maintenance.
- Timed tickets will be released on The Broad’s website every Monday at noon PT for the current week. For example, tickets will be available at noon on October 8 for October 11-14. Availability is subject to change.
- Due to the nature of the installation, tickets are extremely limited.
- You may reserve only one time slot for up to four people.
- Timed tickets are reserved in 15-minute intervals.
- You may view the installation only once at your reserved time slot.
- Visitors are not permitted to touch the figure. Due to the nature of the work, the robot will respond to your presence. For your safety and for the safety of the artwork, please do not touch the figure.
- Timed tickets to (Female figure) include general admission access following your viewing.
- Timed tickets to (Female figure) DO NOT include access to Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrored Room—The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away.
Important Information for Your Visit
- We recommend that you arrive at The Broad at least 15 minutes prior to your timed ticket.
- For admission into the museum, go to The Broad's main entrance located at the corner of 2nd St. and Grand Ave. and show your advance ticket for (Female figure) to a Visitor Services Associate (VSA) to be admitted into the museum.
- We are unable to accommodate late arrivals. If you arrive past the time on your reserved ticket, you will not be able to view the installation.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your reserved timeslot at the installation on the third floor to check in for your viewing. Failure to check in 5 minutes prior to your reserved timeslot at the entrance of the installation on the third floor will result in cancellation. If you aren’t sure where to go, ask any Visitor Services Associate (VSA) for directions!
- Due to the complex technology of this artwork, the installation may require unplanned maintenance; this may result in delays or the cancellation of a visit. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to reschedule a delayed or canceled visit that is due to unplanned maintenance.
Please view your ticket confirmation email for full details.
General admission to The Broad is free and includes to the third floor galleries, which display a robust and changing selection of artworks from the Broad collection, and to the exhibition, A Journey That Wasn't, which examines the passage of time and features the return of the beloved video installation, The Visitors, by Ragnar Kjartansson. The exhibition includes paintings, sculpture, photography and film by more than 20 Broad collection artists including Andreas Gursky, Elliott Hundley, Pierre Huyghe, Anselm Kiefer, Sherrie Levine, Glenn Ligon, Sharon Lockhart, Ed Ruscha and more.
General admission tickets do not include access Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrored Room—The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away, 2013. To experience this artwork, a separate signup is required after you enter the museum with your admission ticket. Learn more about how to see this artwork.
Tickets for December will be released on November 1 at noon. Join The Broad’s email list to keep up to date with The Broad, including information on upcoming ticket releases. General admission tickets are timed and available every half hour, up until one hour before the museum closes.
Is your preferred date or time fully booked? Advance reservations are not required to visit the museum. Learn more about visiting without an advance ticket reservation.